Friday, April 11, 2008

If in Atlanta...

On April 16 the short film Ana's Time, written, directed and edited by Alice Cox, will make its premier at the Atlanta Film Festival.

Alice is at least partially responsible for sparking my interest in filmmaking; I attended a filmmaking course she taught during MIT's Independent Activities Period in January 2005.

I also worked for a couple of days as a PA on the set of Ana's Time, on and around Veteran's Day 2005. Even though I didn't have a clue what a production assistant was supposed to do, everyone was kind and generous, and I had a wonderful time.

If you are in Atlanta, go see this film! It plays as a short, right before Kentucker Audley's Team Picture*. I wish I could be there to see it myself.

*Coincidently, the DP on Ana's Time was Mike Gibisser whose own feature film "finally, lillian and dan" played at Harvard Film Archive's Independents Week 2007 on July 2 and July 6. Which film played immediately before "finally, lillian and dan" on July 2? Kentucker Audley's Team Picture.

-Eric

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home