Monday, December 10, 2007

Only 362 days...

As far as I can figure out, I have about 362 days until the submission deadline for SXSW 2009. (I haven't seen an announcement for the 2009 submission deadline, so that number's an estimate, give or take a few days.) Although deadlines have a way of sneaking up on me, I figure I've got some time for reflection before I start writing.

As far as movies go, I know what I like. But I want to know WHY I like them. What are the common qualities in movies that resonate with me?

So, for the rest of this month and all of next month, I'll be watching movies. Each week I'll pick one movie that I find particularly interesting, and try to break it down in terms of plot, structure and technique. The goal for the end of January is to learn a little something about what to do, and what not to do, when it comes to creating my own little movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home