Monday, April 28, 2008

More Geeks Than Usual




This Friday, as I walked around MIT - where I work - I noticed large groups of somewhat geeky looking people laughing, talking, and smiling. Now, MIT is a haven for geeks, but most MIT students work far too hard and are under far too much stress to be as happy and joyful as the people I saw here on Friday.

Who were these happy, geeky people?


Attendees of ROFLCon! (Not to be confused with ROLFCon.)

I found it very exciting that ROFLCon was occurring at the same time as the Independent Film Festival of Boston, just a couple of miles away. ROFLCon promoted the IFFB showing of the documentary Second Skin - see the trailer for Second Skin above - and featured panels with the creators of Homestar Runner, Jibjab and more.


SXSW proved that a geek is a geek is a geek, whether you are into film, music or internet culture. I'd love it if the folks at ROFLCon and IFFB got together to make sure that the two fests coincide and collaborate next year!


-Eric

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home